If The Rose Shalln't Bloom In This Garden

A red rose, a Father's rose...
Red Rose art print by Iwan Tirtha


 If the rose shall not blossom in my garden... then so be it...

No amount of water could replenish the dying roots for what is already dead shall never be brought back to life.

If the rose happens to white, then I shall honour the loss by praying...

But if the rose is red, yet still refuses to live in my garden, then let it be.

For I need not a replica of something that I have not.

Let this heart be at peace with the wildered plants that grow on their own, and there shall not be a pointy finger sticking a plastic-made stalk of rose in the soils of my already shattered heart.


If the rose shalln't bloom near to me, let alone in my heart, let me be alone with my butchered garden...

Even if it's ugly, nature shall manicure it over time while I find my way to get used to it.

Despite what I may be going through, despite the sadness of being rejected and reluctant...

No one shall have the right to object to my needs when I long to get a whiff of that charming and classy scent from time to time, after all...

I am a human who happens to have a heart.

A heart that has no choice but to feel a certain way.

Therefore, let the rose stay with me, even just in my dreams... for it is my garden to care for.


No sounds of any voices shall blabber in my ears when I am in the garden, other than the singing lovebirds and nightingales, rain and thunder...

For you might just murder the rest of my growing flowers.



Qadeem Zieman

03:25 | Friday

Popular Posts