A Snake With Numerous Heads


photo: Pinterest

Written by Qadeem Zieman

We have all heard people telling us to be careful of who you share things with, may it be physical things, news, or even secrets…
But I don't think we've heard of this one enough.

And that is to be careful of who you LISTEN to... and no, this is not about the singers you listen to on Spotify or YouTube, but it's who you get your information from, one could be cunningly manipulative in order to get his or her hands on something, especially attention...
They may seem pretty normal in person, but in their minds and hearts, you can never be too sure. One's intentions could be as sly as a fox, while the mind could possibly be a snake with not just 1 or 2, but numerous heads sneaking into every possible way to twist and turn their words into lies with their poisonous tongue sugar coating every single word to be in favour, while them having only one body to move around in order to carry tales around the neighbourhood…

Based on my own experience, I have not only encountered this once or twice but countless times. Where there'll be someone in my small circle of people who I trusted and then began sharing thoughts with when I'm feeling low.
And I am not the type to share my thoughts with anyone until I'm fully assured that the person is the right one, and I'm definitely the one who cares about who I surround myself with, which is why right now, I've gone through some 'deep cleaning' process in my so called 'circle', because I've realized that not everyone is as worthy of a trust as they me seem to be. In this case, the good ol' saying 'looks can be deceiving' really does mean a thing…
I've lost my contacts, and not just any kind of contacts, but the ones who were really important to me… the people who cared for me, and who promised to be there for me, were gone. And all thanks to no one else but my own carelessness in trusting people…

Just like a normal person, we all need a shoulder to cry on, or at least a place where we can go to and talk about our feelings to feel better, and maybe even get an idea of what to do next.
Therefore, I turned to a person whom I thought was the right one for it and told off everything that happened and how I felt about the situation…
And the minute the snake found out that we were having a tough time communicating, that's the time it started the journey of hissing the venom and roam around town, while the heads were arguing about which direction each of them should take.
Slowly but surely, it bit one victim at a time…
And little did I know that the snake had gotten all of the numbers of my contacts on a speed dial. From VIPS to celebrities…

And then it hit me. My late mother once told me to be careful of this one particular species.
She said to me a very common, yet very true saying, 'A snake will only shed its skin to become a bigger snake', then she added "be careful of her, you've got no idea of what she's capable of doing"
While I do believe that I was wrong for not being alert enough, I also do believe that it takes two to tango…
One played the music and started the dance, while the other just followed along without studying the tempo or observing the steps.
Eventually, everything will soon start falling apart because how can you dance waltz to a Dangdut koplo? The tempo and steps are two different kinds, and it's way too confusing for anyone to keep up with, and as expected, everything really did start to fall apart…
When a snake is busy moving around to find the next victim to lure, it has no second to spare to think of the back following its tail because the mind is too focused on moving forward while its tail is still struggling to keep up with the moves…

The snake eventually got confused with its own plans and the way it loops itself… and soon the serpent found itself tied up in a knot while still looping around with rumours…
And now, it is drowning in delusion, confused between reality and fantasy as it fails to realize how life is so much more than just making up tales to be carried around.

What's right is right… and what's wrong is wrong…
I was wrong for trusting the wrong person, but the people were also wrong for believing in the words blindly without doing any sort of research…

Popular Posts